UPPSC and BPSC are the two most important PSC exams that are held in Uttar Pradesh and Bihar. Candidates in lakhs apply for these two prestigious exams every year to be appointed as gazetted officers in respective states.
The Uttar Pradesh Combined State/Upper Subordinate Test, or UPPCS, is a common moniker for the exam, which is administered by the Uttar Pradesh Public Service Commission. The Uttar Pradesh Public Service Commission UPPSC is the state agency responsible for administering the Civil Services Examination for entry-level positions in Uttar Pradesh’s several civil services. The Indian Constitution permits the formation of the organization.
The UPPCS test is used to select state government employees for positions in the provincial civil service and other government agencies. These employees are assigned to different vital departments, such as land records, land revenue, and general administration.
What are the Eligibility Criteria for UPPSC?
- A bachelor’s degree in a relevant field from a recognized university approved by the state or federal government is required for candidates applying for the exam. Candidates who are in their final semester or who are awaiting results can also apply for the test. They must, however, include their final semester scorecard while submitting the Detailed Application Form (DAF).
- There is an age limit for applicants taking the test. To sit for the exam, a candidate must be at least 21 years old whereas the maximum age limit: is 50 years. However, the concession is provided to specific categories such as for candidates belonging to the OBC category who have a maximum age limit of 43 years, for SC and ST candidates it is 45 years, and for the person with a disability( PwD), it is 55 years.
- Male applicants who are married to more than one woman are ineligible for consideration whereas female applicants who are already married to a man who has a wife are not eligible.
What is BPSC?
The Bihar Public Service Commission is abbreviated as BPSC. It is a governmental body that administers tests for various positions, with students who pass the exam being hired to work for the Bihar state government in a variety of capacities. The commission was established by law to assist the Bihar State Government in areas of public service recruitment, transfer, and disciplinary proceedings.
How to prepare for UPPSC?
- Make a plan for your preparation. A UPPSC candidate often begins their preparation one year prior to the UPPSC Prelims Exam. Start by reading one newspaper (the Hindu/Indian Express/other) and thoroughly covering static issues such as politics, history, geography, and so on.
- Each item covered in the UPPSC curriculum is critical, and no candidate should skip any of them. Candidates taking the State Service Exams should read the state board textbooks since they include important information on the numerous areas covered in the curriculum. Each topic, such as history, geography, and politics, should be read with the state’s elements in mind.
- Question papers from previous years can be used as a source of practice. These may be found on the official websites.
Candidates can also take assistance in their valuable path of UPSSC and BPSC, from BYJU’S Exam Prep. It will assist them in their whole goal by boosting and assisting them with their promising guidance and will furthermore conserve their positiveness during the entire journey.